Sunday, November 18, 2007

Welcome..

Welcome to my poker blog. I wanted to start a blog to talk about all the different hands and sessions I've been facing on my poker journey. I bring my stories into my office everyday but I can tell my co-workers are getting lost in the lingo and just want to know if I've won or lost.
I am hoping to improve my own play by putting the details in writing. I figure if I write about it, I will over analyze it to death and hopefully learn my lesson as to why I lost or what contributed to my success. I've read tons of poker books but now I'm going to take Phil Ivey's advice (recently posted on Full Tilts Player Tips). Take in all the information you read but don't think too hard about it while at the tables. This will just get confusing and overwhelming. Absorb the information but focus on developing your own style based on the tools you've learned.
I've reached a point in my game where I am feeling very comfortable with my table image and reading other players. I've had a good amount of success in recent months. I am working on finding my mistakes and learning to not make the same mistake twice. I am also looking to analyze the characters I interact with and learn how they play against me, view me, and what I can do to manipulate the situations.
Thanks for stopping by to read what I have to say about my poker sessions. Please comment or email me. I'd like to have good conversations about hands and plays. I will also be tracking my stats on this blog so I will be able to know if I am an actual winning player or not. As of today, I am currently a winning player for 2007.

No comments: