Saturday, March 28, 2009

Unemployed Need Plinko Money!

I feel like I have been incredibly busy for an unemployed lady.  I'm seriously exhausted and a bit under the weather.. which is not a good thing for an unemployed person without health insurance. I'm really trying to take care of myself so that I don't have to end up dropping cash on a doctor's visit and prescription.

It's been a crazy week.  On Tuesday, the 24th, my fellow unemployed gentlemen friend and I headed to a taping of The Price Is Right with two other lucky yellow shirts. The night before we were designing and printing shirts.. Why not?  That's what I used to do for a living. I went with "Unemployed Need Plinko Money".  They came out great. We arrived at the line at 5:45am. I am a huge fan of the show and this would be the 3rd time I've attended. Last time, was very successful. My best friend was one of the 1st 4 contestants and won a hot tub and a painting. I feel like I know the secret to get called... After almost missing the cut to be included in the audience, despite our early arrival.. we received our price tag name tags and numbers. I prepped our group with the knowledge of showing off super excitement and representing a character in order to get called when it came to interview time. It also helps if all of us share the excitement because we'll make for good TV as we cheer on our fellow yellow shirt while they are on stage. We did great in the interviews. I felt like 2 of the 4 of us had a great shot at getting called... and I was right. The 1st contestant called was a member of our group. It was so exciting watching each item come up in hopes this will be the one that will bring her on stage with the right bid... She makes it up winning a mini gas powered plane.. and is faced with the Range Game and a beautiful shiny red Jeep. I'm thrown off.  This Jeep was 21K a few days ago on the show and today that's the highest amount on the game... and we all know the game usually stops at the higher end of the 1st 3rd. Our confusion threw off our contestant.. she wasn't sure where to stop it and missed by about 200. The wheel wasn't friendly either. She was the 1st to spin and went over. Oh, well.. we had a great great time. It's an amazingly fun experience.

After the show we were completely exhausted and drained. Our original plan was to head to Vegas that night.  Once we finally arrived back at my apartment.. and realized my Jeep was not towed (thankfully!!).. we pretty much crashed.

Wednesday, however, we woke up... I played a little on Poker Stars.. and then we headed off to Vegas....

No comments: